[Courses] [Postgresql] My Intro and comments

Beatriz Botero bboteroh at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 24 13:55:52 UTC 2007

Hi:

Hallo:
I would like to introduce myself: I was born in Colombia, and I am
architect, 67 years old. I live in Germany since eight years  (long
story).  I finished my univertiy studies en the sixties. I work with
computers since more or less twenty years: starting with DOS, than
Windows and now Linux.
I began with SuseLinux seven years ago, when I came to Germany. After a
short time I went to Linux from the Scratch (LFS), a self compiked
system, which I learned through the Linux User Group -LUG- in our city.
I think this system is better than any distribution: It can be made as
it is needed and you learn a lot of linux and software in general
through the compilation process.

I also use databases, mostly "mysql",  but I don't have up to now a
deeper knowledge about their functionality. I have a lot of folkart
magazines and patterns I would like to organize in a database, up to now
I use the "staroffice spreadsheet". I think, "Postgress" could be
perhaps a better opportunity.

Kind regards
Beatriz