[Courses] [Postgresql] What is PostgreSQL?

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:35:31 UTC 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 7:56 AM, Michelle M <michelle at murrain.net> wrote:

> - Give us a brief intro to yourself, and why you are taking this course

Hello,
I'm Vidya Ayer from India.  In the past I was an entrepreneur and
although I have studied CS, I don't code for a living. I like the GPL
and prefer to silently contribute to the Linux community in my own
way. For the curious, my Linux page :
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/VidAyer
Having studied about databases at the University, I'm curious to get
practical knowledge for a personal project, - answer to your next
question below.

> - If you haven't already, think of a concrete project you'd like to use
> PG with. Share with us a brief synopsis of the project: the problem, the

My hobby project involves music for which I want to create a database
of all the music files created by me. Currently they are dumped in a
a single folder and tracking it is cumbersome. So with a DB I hope to
track my classical music renditions based on Ragas or some other
criteria about which I will learn and think as i advance in the course
:)

--
Wishes,

Vid
To lead people, walk behind them ~LaoTzu