[Courses] [Postgresql] What is PostgreSQL?

Tricia Bowen tricia.bowen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:09:10 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 9:26 PM, Michelle M <michelle at murrain.net> wrote:
> - Give us a brief intro to yourself, and why you are taking this course
> - If you haven't already, think of a concrete project you'd like to use
> PG with. Share with us a brief synopsis of the project: the problem, the
> platform, the approach you'll think you'll take, and why you think PG
> might be a good fit. It should be something that will be fun, and
> perhaps a bit challenging for you.

Hi,
I'm interested in learning PG because I've worked primarily with
Oracle and MySQL and I would like to widen my knowledge base. My
background is programming in perl, python, and java. I've used sql
strictly to store and retrieve data. I would like to learn some
advance sql, data modeling, and database administration.

I have a weakness for garage sales and have manage to amass quite a
collection of treasures. Some people call it junk but what do they
know! I'd like to create a database to list information about all of
my antiques, add search functionality to the db, and maybe even add a
blog feature.
--Tricia
--Tricia