[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 6: Grief Support]

Rudy Zijlstra rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sun May 13 08:38:26 UTC 2007

Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007, Carla Schroder wrote:
>
>> ======What not to say:
>>
>> I know how you feel
>> Things happen for a reason
>> You need to find closure

<dirtly look> Oh really? [for all of the above]
>> At least she is no longer in pain

Even though this can be consensus, stay away unless brought up by next
of kin.
We knew father was dying for two weeks, and the last week was
essentially a week long deathbed.
Be aware that in such cases, a internal family discussion can rage about
the type of care of provide: only care to soften pain, or full-out
trying to save? Or something in between? Dad had clearly indicated
enough was enough, he did not want another hospital visit. Even so,
there was internal family discussion on this which only resolved itself
two years after the burial.

>> You need to move forward
>> Time heals all wounds
>> If that happened to me, I’d just die

please go ahead, just so you stop bugging me.

Rudy