[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 8: Just Talk, Just Ask, Just Do]

Chantal Rosmuller chantal at antenna.nl
Thu Jun 7 07:54:11 UTC 2007

Hi everyone, I haven't really participated in this course but just read some
of your emails. But now I do feel the need to react.

I am also aspiring to be a writer, a technical writer that is. A while ago
Carla was looking for someone to write a manual about Nagios and I responded
and  wrote it for her. Now I write a chapter about computer security related
stuff every two months for a publisher here in the netherlands. (And I get
paid for it) Also thanks to you Carla :). Next step: a whole book!

The thing I find difficult about the "just do" part is not that I'm afraid to
start something new, but think sometimes I'm just to lazy. I often need some
kind of external input to get started.  For example I would like to learn
ruby on rails but i never get around to it somehow. But if one of my
customers would ask for a ruby on rails application, then I would get
started.

But I'm not complaining, I started a business september 2006 and it's going
well, I am doing some programming, system administration and writing and I
really enjoy the combination. And I learn lots of new stuff & skills because
there's plenty of external input :).

Regards Chantal