[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Linda Pahdoco linda at meridian-ds.com
Fri Apr 27 12:22:11 UTC 2007

Noirin Plunkett wrote:

> I have - unfortunately, I haven't had any backup, any time I've done
> this. A lot of people I've spoken too about him are essentially
> resigned to the fact that his social skills are less than
> non-existent, and see no reason to try and change this, since his
> technical skills are top notch.
>
> Noirin

And that's a great deal of why IT is so f**ked up.  We (or the powers
that be) have excused horrible behavior because someone has good tech
skills.  Guess what?  People who know how to behave like a human can be
trained to have IT skills.  *Most* assholes are going to remain so, no
matter how many human relations or diversity courses you force them to
attend.

Until we change that basic attitude of excusing, it won't get any better.

LP