[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Raven Alder raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Mon Apr 16 08:34:42 UTC 2007

Heya --

* Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> [2007-04-16
* 17:33:13 +1000]:
> Okay, here's one I don't know the answer for: what do you say when a
> man, a complete stranger, calls you "darling"?  This happened to me
> the other day.  I was getting out of a lift, and this man started
> getting in, not waiting for me to get out.  He said something like
> "Sorry, darling".  I just muttered "Don't call me darling" as I left,
> but that didn't make me feel any better.  He wasn't sorry at all, he
> was patronizing.  And I was left seething with frustrated anger.

	"No problem, honeyboo babycakes sweet potato wumpkin!"

	Overly cloying or dripping sarcastic tone of voice, your choice.
[grin]  Usually only takes one shot of that to get them self-checking
about the careless diminuitives.  (I've had repeat offenders, but they
usually catch themselves at it and make a big effort to apologize.)

Cheers,
Raven, mean queen of the tactical "ittle wuzzums" strike

--
@