[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Apr 13 23:14:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 04:04:01PM -0700, Carla Schroder wrote:
> I'm bailing out of town for the weekend and don't have time to write an
> ordinary lesson, so how about everyone share their favorite comebacks and
> occasions? Have fun and I'll see you Monday!

The problem with satisfying retorts is twofold:
(a) I find myself thinking of all the things I *would* have said, rather
than what I actually said, for hours afterwards
(b) If one does come up with a satisfyingly scathing retort at the time,
one then feels bad afterwards, for not treating the person like a human
being, but an object.

Kathryn Andersen