[Courses] [Tool] Prerequisites for installing bzr

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Oct 12 16:23:37 EST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005, Mary wrote:
> If the number after Python is not 2.4.x, you don't have Python 2.4. If
> it's not included in your distribution, you can install it from here for
> RPM based distributions: http://www.python.org/2.4/rpms.html
>
> You can install ElementTree from
> http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm

Note, if Python 2.4 or ElementTree (often packaged as python-elementtree
and sometimes as python2.4-elementtree) are available as packages built
by your distribution, it is better to install them directly from your
distribution. I don't have a lot of distros around to survey at the
moment, but Ubuntu 5.04 and 5.10 have it, and I suspect Debian
testing/unstable does too.

-Mary