[Courses][gimp] Lesson 8: Text Effects (How to get really cool looking text)

Patricia Peck patpeck at znet.com
Fri Mar 25 13:51:54 EST 2005

Okay, I'm feeling a little stupid, but I have no shame, so I'm posting
this for anyone else lurking out there who may be feeling stupid also.
I did my homework for Lesson 8, but I did it by creating new text
because I couldn't see where to change the text in the logo.  Or, for
that matter, where to change the colors.

So Akkana kindly gave me some help, and Lo!  It's right there in the
little box you get when you first select a logo.  Duh!  I really must
learn to read all those little boxes before trying more exotic stuff.

Anyway, here's the same homework, done by changing the logo, not doing
new text and logo-izing it with Frosty:

http://webpages.charter.net/patpeck/Lesson8No2.jpg

And here's the same thing using a different logo (Starburst) and
changing the color:

http://webpages.charter.net/patpeck/Lesson8No3.jpg

--

	...Pat