[Courses] [Careers] My operations path

Chix Career careerchix at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 02:27:31 EST 2005

What's really amazing is this was a tiny school in rural Oklahoma.  My graduating class was 27 people.
So much for anonymity.

Julie B <joulie at gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:31:43 -0800 (PST), Chix Career
> In high school I was in the very first "Computer
> Science" course offered. We had TRS-80's and tape
> recorders for our "programs". We did learn to use
> Basic, and eventually moved up to DOS loading from
> 8.25" floppies.

[grin] Glad to know I'm not the only one to start out on a TRS-80
using Basic. We didn't have any computers in my high school, though.
Only the big city schools had the money for those, so you were lucky.
I remember feeling at such a huge disadvantage at the university
because I'd never even seen a computer before and my big-city
classmates were able to sit right down and whip out programs because
they already knew how.

Courses mailing list
Courses at linuxchix.org

Do you Yahoo!?