[Courses] Re: Courses Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5

Gareth Anderson somecsstudent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:48:44 EST 2005

Quoting Terri Oda:

"I thought I'd go find a job around now, but a number of things have
convinced me to go on to do a PhD:  There's so much *more* I can try
with my system or more generally in the field of artificial immune
systems.  I accumulated scholarships and have enough funding that I
make nearly as much as I'd make as I would as a junior programmer,"

I always thought that PhD students are only sponsored for the PhD research.

Was it a combination of Scholarships which allowed you to earn that
amount of money? (I haven't heard of that kind of thing in Australia
before..)

Regards,
Gareth