[Courses] [Ruby] Lesson 2: Iterators

Anne G anne at wjh.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 10 22:10:41 EST 2005

 > Recursion (methods calling themselves) might not be the
> best solution for data that keeps coming continuously

This morning I got the implications of Laurel's comment:
If I want code which runs continuously, or some such, I need
to make sure that the structure of the object connections
does not contain a loop.

In my case, I ought to be able to pass the control from
object getdata to object info1 to object info2. And there it
stops.

If info2 does not call anyone, control gets back to getdata
BY ITSELF! and it can go on with its task. getdata thus
becomes the neutral state object I was talking about.

In turms of diagram, it looks like an octopus, with
tantacles going in different directions.

Thank you so much for your help. We don't have /proc on the
mac so I can't work on that part of lesson 2.

anne