[Courses] Re: Courses Digest, Vol 15, Issue 9

Brian Masinick masinick at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 17:08:20 EST 2004

>Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:51:54 +1000
>From: Sue Stones <suzo at spin.net.au>
>To: courses at linuxchix.org
>Subject: Re: [Courses] course request: intro to BIND

>Message: 5
>
>On Wednesday 09 Jun 2004 8:29 am, John Stoneham wrote:
>

>>(Now, to come up with a course -I- can teach... I think perhaps
>>'Introduction to Unit Testing Your Software' might be the way to go. JUnit,
>>CppUnit... yeah. That might work.)
>>

>Sounds interesting - I don't even know what Unit Testing is.  But I know that
>testing is important.
>
>sue

Unit testing involves testing a specific piece of a specific program
that is usually part of a larger application or system.  Unit testing is
typically performed by the programmer writing the code or one of his
code reviewers, and it involves checking all valid inputs and outputs
for a specific code segment.

--
Brian Masinick
mailto:masinick at yahoo.com