Move editor discussion to techtalk pls (Re: [Courses] text editors course vim emacs)

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Jun 7 09:51:48 EST 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004, Guru - wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would love an emacs course.  I've being using emacs for ~12months
> now but I can't say I know all the advanced features (I know some
> basic features but not that many).
>
> As for vi(m), I wouldn't mind a course in that either.

Hey folks,

Although the above was itself on-topic, much of the subsequent
discussion is not.

Here's what's on-topic for this list:

 - course lessons;
 - discussions based on course lessons; and
 - some discussion of potential courses.

Sorry, but "alternative ways of learning foo" are not on-topic here,
unless you're running a "how to find ways to learn about foo" COURSE,
otherwise move "ways of learning foo" discussions to techtalk please.

People discussing potential courses should keep in mind the Maxim of
Volunteer Organisations:

    If noone says "I'll do it", it will not happen, regardless of how
    many people say "it would be really great if someone would..."

Try and limit the "it would be really great if someone would..."
discussion in that light. (Yes, I know I started it.)

-Mary