[Courses] hmmm

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Wed Jun 2 13:44:58 EST 2004

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 7:02 am, Steve wrote:
> Oh I see, apparently im suscribed to C,Perl,Unix and Networking.
> btw is this just for girls? caues im no female,

The C and Networking courses have stoped running, I am not sure about Perl.
You can read through the archives to get  the course material.  At some stage
I will get around to linking all the course material to the webpage.

As far as I know the Unix comands course hasn't stoped running, but there
hasn't been any activity there for a while.  The other course that should
still be active is the Firewalls course that Mary mentioned.

No you certainly don't need to be a woman to participate, in fact some of the
courses are not run by women.  BUT you do need to treat everyone
respectfully. Comments like

>though I love the thought of girls into linux mmmm :P

are not respectfull, and will result in a strong reaction from people, as you
have already seen.  I am happy to assume that you didn't know this, and
hopefully others will forgive it once, though I have no right to speak for
them.

sue