[Courses] mounting floppy

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Wed Aug 4 15:01:36 EST 2004

> So, 2 questions:
> 1.  When is data actually written to the physical
> disk?

it's written when syncing (or when unmounting), which happens "every so
often", I don't know the specific times, someone else may know..

> 2.  How do I unmount the floppy?

First you have to leave the /mymount directory, then try unmounting it.
  Because you are in the directory, you are actually "using" the floppy,
hence why the system didn't let you unmount it.