[Courses][Linux commands] Grub or Lilo.

Chantal 4linux at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 16 12:09:31 EST 2004

Sue Stones wrote:
> What I am constantly wondering is why choose Grub over Lilo or vice vera.
> What are the differences, and when are they significant.

I find Lilo easier to tweak, but perhaps that is because I never tried
or had to try to change settings in Grub. The reason I use Grub anyway
is because Lilo is recognised by my PC bios as a virus (very annoying
sound that makes) and I do not want to turn off the bios virus scanner,
since I am also still running Windows on that computer :)
I think Lilo is installed on a different part of the disk, and/or works
differently because I only and always get the virusscanner problem with
Lilo (it's been like that through several releases from RedHat and
Mandrake).

Chantal