[Courses] [FS] Lesson 4 - Read & Screenshot

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Sat Nov 15 12:49:32 EST 2003

Nope, that's normal. The fun bit comes when you try to save the file.
Depending on how your kernel is feeling today, and how vi handles its
files, you will get either the expected "read-only filesystem" error,
or (bizarrely) still be able to see the chunk of filesystem that's
supposed to be invisible. I've done this (accidentally) before now by
keeping a shell open, cd'ed into the about-to-be-hidden directory.

I only included that as an interesting side-note, and to try and
pursuade people to muck around a bit with their filesystems, that's
all.

Meredydd