[Courses] New to this list, so, hi!

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Wed Aug 27 08:45:40 EST 2003

I suggest blocking ports 6000-6063 (there are a possible 64 displays that
X can use)  port 6000 is :0.0 port 6001 is :1.0, etc...

another possibility is to make sure that you *NEVER* *EVER* do xhost +  by
itself.  do xhost +IP instead

There's a nifty tool called xscan and xwin that will keystroke log
(xscan), and grab a screenshot (xwin) remotely over ports 6000-6063.
Great for getting root passwords.

The other option is to use the "secure keyboard" option in xterm (not
available in konsole and gnome's terminal that I'm aware of). It's in one
of the menus when you hold ctrl or shift or alt and click on the xterm -
don't have xterm here or I'd tell you exactly which one.

Laura