[Courses] Style (was Lesson Three: Basic Declarations &Expressions)

Daniel. cristofd at hevanet.com
Sun Oct 13 05:35:06 EST 2002

>In practice this does not work.  The number of bugs I've encountered
>over the years because someone decided to do their own thing, even
>just an edit here and an edit there, is non-small.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I was essentially
agreeing with Jenn's point from a previous post:

>In a larger project - that's what programs like indent are for. Use
>them. Let people develop the code their own way, and use a prettifier
>before release.

which seemed in danger of being shuffled aside. I approached it from
a slightly different angle (i.e., "positioning whitespace according
to a company standard is a job for a machine, not something you want
to distract humans with").

-Daniel.