[Courses] Re: [C] Greetings C Programmers!

KWMelvin kwmelvin at intrex.net
Wed Oct 9 16:14:25 EST 2002

Greetings,

To date, I have posted three beginner's C lessons to the list.

Their Subject is:

[C] Beginner's Lesson One: Getting Started
[C] Beginner's Lesson Two: Style
[C] Beginner's Lesson Two: Addendum
[C] Lesson Three: Basic Declarations & Expressions

I am using Steve Oualline's _Practical C Programming 1E_ as the
syllabus, and am trying to follow it as far as content goes. Please
feel free to grab those lessons and work through them at your own
pace.  As we learn more, I'll be bringing in C source code examples
from other textbooks to help us along.  I am also learning C even as
I do the lessons.  They say that the best way to learn a subject is
to teach it, so we'll find out.  This list already has several
professional C programmers on it, so I'm hoping they'll catch most
of my `teaching' errors. 8^D

I have received some wonderful feedback about getting my .vimrc file
set up and working.  To date I have most of the wanted functionality
thanks to the people on this list. Thank you!

		syntax on
		:set nu
		:set ts=2

In addition I reset the vi soft link from nvi to vim in Debian, so
now, when I type vi, vim starts with line numbers AND syntax high-
lighting.  This is WAY groovy! 8^D

Happy Programming!