[Courses] [C] Beginner's Lessons: Debugger (gdb) Tutorial

Laura Bowser lbowser at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 7 12:28:00 EST 2002

gdb isn't the easiest debugger to use - especially if you are familiar with MS
Visual Debugger.
if you find yourself having difficulties learning to use gdb, try using ddd
DDD is a graphical frontend to gdb, and allows you to point and click instead
of having to determine breakpoints by line numbers.

it also shows you the gdb command line in the bottom pane, so you know what
gdb is actually doing.