[Courses] [C Programming] Anyone still here?

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Mon May 27 19:21:55 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 16:24, Dave North wrote:

> > Programming Logic...helpful in understanding how to write a program
> > Pseudocode and flow charts are what we've covered exhaustively so far.
>
> Well, at least one instructor agrees with me. I do think it a good place
> to start, but there's also a good argument for just starting with K&R.

Two. Charlotte said many things I would have said if I hadn't been busy
with the recipe analogy. :)

> Jenn:
> > If you're math-phobic, though, start by thinking about recipes.
>
> I love that approach. Particularly poignant when you consider that
> "algorithm" and "recipe" are nearly synonyms.

It's one I use many times when trying to convince women that they -do-
know how to program, it's just the syntax and/or the computers they
don't know.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/