[Courses] [Courses][Basics] Intro

Turtle Island Web Design turtle at drizzle.com
Sun Mar 31 12:53:42 EST 2002

Hello--

Finally have some time to check in and introduce myself. I'm taking the
Basics course to fill in any gaps that may be lurking as a result of
teaching myself programming. I suspect there are probably some standard
algorithms for certain types of problems that would help me keep from
reinventing the wheel, for instance.

My programming experience began with Basic, then Fortran, Pascal, and now
perl (which I love!). I've been a web developer since 1995 (started my own
company).

I'm temporarily working with a Windows Tcl installation. I have a new
machine and haven't got my Linux set up yet (soon!).

I have one quick request before signing off: would everyone please be sure
to put [Basic] in the subject line if posting about this class? I discovered
on the archives today that I'd missed several messages.

Thanks, everyone, and thanks, Sonja, for offering the class.

Nancy Ging
turtle at camano.net
Turtle Island Web Design
http://www.turtlehome.com/