[Courses] [C] Re: Anyone doing C anymore?

dreaming kat dreamingkat at iVillage.com
Mon Mar 25 18:19:20 EST 2002

>Subject: [Courses] [C] Sigh. Anyone doing C anymore?

>Having realized the folly of trying to coordinate a course when I am
trying
>to learn the content, at the same time as I am incredibly busy, and
have
>barely found time to squeeze in a chapter here and there. I'm feeling a
bit
>discouraged.

I'm not sure what's nessasary to 'co-ordinate' a course, but I
volunteered to help out, and if there's anything I can do, please let me
know.

>I've not heard much from folks on the list. How's it going? Has
everyone
>abandoned the project?

I've lurked in #c on ocassion, and there's never anyone there, so I
mostly stoped lurking.

>I'm going to keep at it, I do want to learn. Maybe we should just
follow
>along with Sonja's course?

I haven't seen much of the 'begining programing concepts' course either,
but I may have missed them in all the security posts. (I use webmail, so
there are no nifty filter type things) If people want, I can post
examples in C/C++ that correspond to the 'begining programing concepts'
topics, and I'll continue to answer questions about C/C++ as best as I
can (although I've determined that there are quite a few people on the
list that know volumes more than I do about it!)

Best of Luck, and no matter what the fate of the course is, you can
always email me questions (dreamingkat at ivillage.com). Oh, but if you
email me questions directly, put "linuxchix" in the subject line, cuz I
delete anything I don't recognize. :)

-- mary