[Courses] [Security] Alternatives to Tripwire?

chagrin c0nst3llati0n at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 13:22:04 EST 2002

Hi,

Awhile back we were discussing tripwire...but I don't
recall discussing other similar software (correct me
if I'm wrong).  I was wondering if anyone knows of any
good alternatives to tripwire.  There are several open
source or free tools such as Osiris, FCheck, Viper,
Samhain, etc.  Does anyone have any experience with
these or others and would recommend one over another?

The main reason I ask is that I'm also running a
solaris box and want to run a file integrity tool on
that, and tripwire is only free on Linux.  Plus, if
there's a better tool for linux, I want to know about
that anyway.

thx,

chagrin