[Courses] [Security] Port forwarding with SSH andipchains/iptables

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Wed Mar 20 20:41:48 EST 2002

With SSH port forwarding, if a connection gets closed for whatever reason,
is there a way to reestablish it automatically? If not, then I can see how
IPSEC might be better.

The main reason I'm wary of SSH clients on Windows is that I've heard PuTTY
is the best SSH client out there, but my connections get dropped a lot more
than when I'm using BSD or Linux. I've heard from other users that PuTTY
works better then TTSSH, so I haven't tried it, but I might give it a go. I
know that you can run OpenSSH with Cygwin, but I'm pretty wary of that, too.

Thanks!

Jen