[Courses] Re: Book, etc.

Rosie Jones rosie+ at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 25 16:20:36 EST 2002

Got my copy of the book today. I have taken a C course before, and
programmed in C recently, but I like the idea of going over some things
again. No doubt some things have changed since 1992, including my
understanding of computers, operating systems and programming in general,
as well as conventions and standards.

Flicking through the book, it looks very nice!

> why should there be only one person(coordinator) teaching this?
> That doesn't make sense to me.
> The more the better.

I think it is good to have one coordinator, to set the pace, and to make
occasionally decisions by fiat (decisions by committee can be tortuous
at times!) But I am sure that the mix of us on the list will lead to
teaching and discussion from many sources.

Rosie.