[Courses] Well, shall we?

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Tue Jan 15 14:36:56 EST 2002

Shall we get started? We have 35 members! Wow.

As "coordinator", the timing is a bit off, since I'm leaving for vacation
in 2 days! But I think we can get started anyway, and I'll just catch up
when I get back (January 27th).

First question - how will we do this? Should we stick to e-mail, or think
about IRC/Chat sessions as well?

Second question - what's the pace? I guess it depends on what book we
choose, finally. Here's a (probably not exaustive) list of the books that
have now been suggested for this "course":

Kernighan&Richie
Practical C programming (O'Reilly)
  A Book on C by Al Kelley and Ira Pohl.
C, A Reference Manual
Expert C Programming Deep C Secrets Author Peter Van Der Linden
The Pragmatic Programmer Author Andrew Hunt and David Thomas
Dietel and Dietel

Oh, and the list of helpful chix:

coldfire <rolick571 at duq.edu>
Xp0nential Xp0nential <Xp0nential at root-core.com>