[Courses] op sys questons...

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Sat Feb 9 04:47:32 EST 2002

when i think of process synchronization (threads, mutex, etc) i think
java.  java is a much easier language to use threads and solve problems
such as the dining philosopher problem and the sleeping barber problem.
is it absolutely necessary that you use C in this course?  otherwise, feel
free to ask any questions about operating systems concepts that may be a
bit confusing to you ...

i could elaborate on the critical section, mutex, semaphores, etc. but it
would have to wait until later ... i'm tired as hell right now and am
really set on going to bed.  :)  g'nite

coldie