[Courses] re: [C] lesson15

KWMelvin kwmelvin at intrex.net
Sat Dec 21 08:34:39 EST 2002

The next lesson is going to be a zinger: Advanced pointers!
It will also be a challenge for me to do ASCII illustrations
of linked lists and trees. There are a lot of illustrations
in chapter 16.

Here is what Chapter 16 looks like:
* Pointers and structures
* Linked List
* Structure Pointer Operator (->)
* Ordered Linked List
* Double-linked List
* Trees
* Data Structures for a Chess Program

I'm not sure how much of all that I'll actually DO, but *I* AM
interested in linked lists and trees.  They say that linked lists
are a good way to really learn pointers. Once again, I also have
an HTML file of links to linked list tutorials on the WWW. It all
depends on what the chess program stuff looks like; I may just
skip it if it doesn't contribute much (it looks too short to really
DO anything).

Chapter 17 is about Modular Programming.
Chapter 18 is about Portability Problems.
Chapter 19 is about C's Dustier Corners (goto, &c.)
Chapter 20 is about Putting It All Together.
Chapter 21 is about Programming Adages. (last chapter!)

That's it! Six more lessons and we'll be done with the Beginner's
C Course, using _Practical C Programming_ as the syllabus.