[Courses] [courses][python]Assignment 2

Sue Stones suzo at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 1 22:15:28 EST 2002

Well let get into this Python, it has taken me a month to getthings off the
ground.  I am sorry for that , thank-you for your patience.  I hope that your
enthusiasm hasn't waned.

You will find all the assignment on the courses web page, and you can send
your answer from there if that suits you.  The next assignment will be sent
as soon as most people have answered this one.  So remember if you have
problems to ask for help.

sue

Assignment 2: Getting Started

Now is time to get python installed if you haven't already.
you can get the latest version from  http://www.python.org/
The python Web site.  Read introductory chapters in your chosen
resource.

Work out how to start python.  Try entering things
interactivly.  Get python to say hello to the world.

Write a hello world program (or aome variation) in a file and
run that.  Post this file
with instructins on how to use it to the mailing list.

If you have another operating system as well, you could try this on
other systems too. Post any comments that you have about the differences.