[Courses] [Security] Savanna Hi

savanna savanna at cat.org.au
Thu Apr 18 09:52:29 EST 2002

Subject: Re: [Courses] [Security] Firewalls: Ipchains syntax and
implementation

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while on linuxChix courses, I've got a few
questions, but thought I might introduce myself first... My name's Savanna
(grrl), and I'm involved with Catalyst http://www.cat.org.au/main.html in
Sydney Australia. We're a anarchist collective of activists and geeks, doing
fun things with Linux (like open publishing - see
http://www.active.org.au/sydney/ and http://sydney.indymedia.org/).
Personally, I've got a lot of experience with (cue Darth Vader breathing)
Microsoft server/development technologies, but I'm moving away from the dark
side to Linux ('use the source, Luke'). Finding it frustrating to be a
newbie again, but then I find something I can do on Linux that isn't even
conceptually possible on Windows, and it's all worthwhile again.

Anyway, with the Security course, how is the course actually running? There
seems to be some sort of scenario happening, is that right?

Savanna.