[Courses] [Security] Alternatives to Tripwire?

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Mon Apr 1 17:11:05 EST 2002

Heya --

Quoth chagrin (Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 12:22:04PM -0800):
> Awhile back we were discussing tripwire...but I don't
> recall discussing other similar software (correct me
> if I'm wrong).  I was wondering if anyone knows of any
> good alternatives to tripwire.  There are several open
> source or free tools such as Osiris, FCheck, Viper,
> Samhain, etc.  Does anyone have any experience with
> these or others and would recommend one over another?

	Honestly, I've always used Tripwire.  It's free for Linux, and
for the boxes at work, my company pays for it.  If you do try out a
couple of the alternatives, by all means let us know what you think and
which ones you liked.

Thanks,
Raven

"That should be: "If cryptography is outlawed, only bhgynjf jvyy unir
 pelcgb!" Or maybe, for maximum effect, "...only pvumbxt xjmm ibwf
 dszqup!""
 -- Kai, on 'better' cryptography

MD5 (outlaws) = 4c86ccf216da19edcc4b80e3824b67ab
 -- my response