[Announce] PSA regarding the troll MikeeUSA

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Oct 9 16:02:48 UTC 2009

In case anyone hasn't seen it, geek feminism has done a warning about
the troll who's been hitting up geek women communities, MikeeUSA.  The
post is pretty triggery, since it discusses the crud he's been saying:

http://geekfeminism.org/2009/10/08/psa-mikeeusas-hate-speech-and-harassment/

He has specifically targeted linuxchix members in the past. This is, as
far as we know, the same troll who sent a number of us (myself included)
death threats because of our open source involvement.

My own blog got hit with his cut-and-paste comments yesterday, probably
either because I'm on the linuxchix live blogroll or the women in FOSS
blogroll, so that means a lot of you are probably also getting hate spam
from this troll.

So if you're getting hit by this idiot, you're not alone.  We're
recommending you keep a paper trail, but moderate him off your site, and
feel free to report threats to law enforcement.  The post I've linked
has more information.

  Terri