[Announce] Fwd: [Grrltalk] She's Geeky Conference

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:21:56 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kaliya * <identitywoman at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:37 AM
Subject: [Grrltalk] She's Geeky Conference
To: grrltalk at linuxchix.org

I don't know if this is the right list for this - please pass it along to
more technical lists if you think it appropriate.

*She's Geeky the women's tech conference starts on
Friday.<http://www.shesgeeky.org/>
*
http://www.shesgeeky.org

There is a discount code for you "LinuxChix" that gives you all 20% off the
ticket price.

We have an amazing list of sessions
proposed.<http://shesgeeky.org/wiki/Sg2009wc:Proposed_Topics>
It is an unconference - so that means the women gathered create the agenda
(in a facilitated process)

It is just a great event for women techies to connect and learn from each
other. We provide breakfast, lunch, snacks and
esspresso.<http://shesgeeky.org/sg/2009/01/do-we-get-lunch/>
You are welcome to bring your daughters
along<http://shesgeeky.org/sg/2009/01/can-i-bring-my-daughter-yes/>.

The Secretary of Stat of California who is very geeky signed up on her own
to come on Saturday.

Friday Night we are showing the Ada Lovelace Movie at the Computer History
Museum at 6pm.

Pre-Dinner on Thursday night is with Bay Area Girl Geek
Dinners<http://bit.ly/baggd>at Ming's in Palo Alto at 6:30
(registration at 5:30)

It is shaping up to be a great event. Let me know if you have questions.
 I hope that some more LinuxChix will join us.
-Kaliya
<http://athena.systers.org/>