[Announce] Fwd: [General inquiries] Google Bursaries for UKUUG Spring 2009 conference

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:24:00 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <paul.waring at ukuug.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Subject: [General inquiries] Google Bursaries for UKUUG Spring 2009
conference
To: info at linuxchix.org, carla at bratgrrl.com

Paul sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.linuxchix.org/contact.

Hi,

I'm organising a conference in March this year on the topic of Large
Installation Systems Administration (LISA). We've been lucky enough to be
given two bursaries by Google for up to £500 each which cover the delegate
fees, accommodation and travel for female students/developers from the UK
to encourage wider participation in a conference which is traditionally
dominated by men (through no intention of ours, it just always works out
that way unfortunately). As well as being able to attend the conference,
the successful applicants will be able to meet Google representatives, and
I was wondering if LinuxChix would therefore be willing to promote this
event to women within your network? I've tried getting in touch with the
London chapter but the mailing list link times out.

You can find full details of the bursaries and the conference here:

http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2009/bursaries/

Thanks,

Paul

--
Brain: Prepare yourself for your 15 minutes of fame
Pinky: after that, can I have 15 minutes of Macarena?

 °v°  Sulamita Garcia
/(_)\ http://sulamita.net/
 ^ ^