[Announce] Invitations to networking sites via our lists

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 09:56:50 UTC 2008

For some reason, there has recently been a rash of LinkedIn networking
requests via the Linuxchix lists. Sending an invitation to a list will
not work, and will annoy not only all of your fellow list subscribers,
but the list administrators too.

It does not work; please do not do this. If it is on topic for the
list, you can announce your *own* link, and ask people to link to you,
or announce your link in a sigfile.

I ask this as a list administrators for many of our lists. Those who
continue to send blanket invitations will be moderated.

Valorie