[Announce] Special CFP for Frontiers

Art McGee amcgee at virtualidentity.org
Mon Mar 29 21:42:02 EST 2004

Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies

The dialogue between gender and information technology
(IT) has the potential to be a burgeoning, dynamic, multi-
disciplinary field of study. Instead, it is often explored
as a series of disconnected topical areas. We are soliciting
scholarly and creative submissions for a special issue of
Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies that will successfully
interconnect often disparate topics in gender and information
technology. These topics may include:

* Gender and under-represented groups in the IT workforce
  and its educational pipelines;

* Gendered experiences with information technologies;

* Representations of gender in and by information
  technologies; and

* Feminist and other cultural critiques and/or expressions
  of the societal implications of IT.

This special issue presents an opportunity to better
understand the gender and IT content areas and perspectives
as complementary pieces of a complex puzzle. We intend this
special issue to provide a platform from which to encourage
exchange and collaboration across disciplines and
communities such as anthropology, history, cultural and
literary studies, education, visual and digital arts,
creative writing, social and political activism, the
sciences, and industry, among others. We anticipate
extensive and cooperative participation by university,
community, and industry researchers and artists, as well
as a commitment to interdisciplinary approaches and
multicultural perspectives.

Please contact:

Seline Szkupinski Quiroga
Assistant Professor of Medical Anthropology and Information Literacy
Department of Chicana & Chicano Studies (CCS)
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-3802
Email: selinesq at asu.edu
Phone: (480)727-6091