[Announce]Linuxchix list archives being rebuilt

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Mar 7 17:31:14 EST 2003

In order to take advantage of Mailman 2.1's better email address munging in
the archives, I need to rebuild the older archives.  For the smaller
archives, this will hardly take any time at all, but for some lists I
suspect it will take over an hour, perhaps several, depending on whether I
run into any problems.

This shouldn't affect the lists themselves any, but the archives have to be
wiped and completely rebuilt, so they will be at least partially unavailable
while the rebuilds are happening.  For the lists with the largest archives
(grrltalk, issues, and techtalk), I will post to the list when I begin and
when I end the rebuild.  For the others, just be patient if the archives
seem to be broken -- wait an hour or so and the rebuild will probably be
done.

The end result of all this is that it should be that much harder for
spammers to get your email address, so I hope no one minds the inconvience
too much!  Since that's the real reason to do this, I'm going to start with
the public lists (announce, courses, jobposts, programming and techtalk).

 Terri