[Announce] Wireless on Linux

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Aug 20 16:11:22 EST 2003

http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/article.php/3066371
Hot off the presses, get it while it's hot!

"For the harassed, overworked network admin, connecting new clients without
having to run additional cabling is so much fun it feels wrong. Miles of
pretty color-coded cables and tags are aesthetically pleasing and useful, of
course, and who hasn't experienced the satisfaction of crimping connectors?
There's nothing like the authoritative SNICK of a perfect crimp. (For some of
us deskbound-geeks, grip strength is all we have.)

"But rasslin' bales of CAT5 cables is like, so last millennium. Hopelessly
old-fashioned. Square, even. And wireless Ethernet is no longer new-fangled:
it's affordable and works just fine. Today let's take a look at which brands
and devices work on Linux; next week we'll dig into the deep, mysterious
world of chipsets, configurations, and troubleshooting."