[Announce]FYI: AOL silently dropping emails

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Dec 5 02:27:35 EST 2002

Apparently AOL has been silently eating mail more and more frequently of
late.  There was a post on the mailman-developers list today by someone who
said one of his list members came back from 2 weeks vacation to discover
that 1/3 of the digests he should have gotten during that time were missing,
never delivered.  All of these had been accepted by AOL and there were no
bounces.

Here's his blog on the subject:
http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/000118.html#000118

I don't know offhand how many AOL users we have on linuxchix, but I just
wanted to let you all know about the problem, since even if you aren't an
AOL user you may want to contact someone who is.

 Terri