[announce] quick note

Deb Richardson deb at thepuffingroup.com
Wed Nov 24 23:12:14 EST 1999

Hi all.

While I have been less than active on the lists recently, I haven't been
entirely idle (rather the opposite, in fact).  I've managed to get two
very exciting things arranged for LinuxChix in the last little while:

1.  LinuxChix will have a booth in the ".org pavilion" at LinuxWorld
Expo (http://www.linuxworldexpo.com) in February.  I'm pretty excited
about this opportunity, as it will be the first conference at which
LinuxChix has had an official presence.

2.  The plans for LinuxChix tshirts have been finalized, and if
everything goes smoothly, they will be available for purchase before
Christmas.  The good folks over at thinkgeek.com will be manufacturing
the shirts, and they will be sold through the thinkgeek site.  A million
thank-yous to Jen over at ThinkGeek for helping out with this.  She's
been awesome (both friendly and helpful) through the entire process.
Naturally, I'll post a big happy announcement when the shirts are
available for purchase.

(As you might be able to guess from the scheduling, there should be
tshirts available at the LinuxChix booth at the conference.  :)

That's all from me for now.  I have to go collapse for a little while
(it's been a long couple of weeks :)

- deb

deb at thepuffingroup.com
deb at linuxchix.org