[Actionchix] Discuss - ChixBits regular columns (Cristina Ingram)

Cristina Ingram compscicris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:34:04 UTC 2007

I would like to see:

    1.  Newbie Q&A
    2.  What we want from Linux
    3.  Programming Q&A
    4.  Sys Admin Q&A
    5.  A series for Newbies from installing to updating including setting
up servers for web, configuring, adding software, etc.
    6.  A series on the women in Tech from Ada to the latest most successful
woman today.
    7.  Hackers column.  Hack Linux, hack packages, hacks, hacks and more
hacks.
    8.  Scripts and Commandline routines Columns
    9.  Networking
   10.  Linux and gadgets.  Handhelds, IPods, etc and Linux.
   11.  Linux in Industry.  Embedded Linux being used in non commercial ways
such as embedded in machines in manufacturing etc.
   12.  Career column.  Latest trends in jobs, resume tips, cover letter
tips, job hunting tips
   13.  Hardware and hardware hacks
   14.  Comics, puzzles, games (something to do during lunch, hehehe)
   16.  Testimonials or a column that has a guest discussing her (maybe
his?)  industry experience?  Something along the lines of this is how it is
in the work place?  Might not be saying it right, maybe the humorous things
that happen?

Well, I would like to see so much in this magazine but I will stop there.  I
hope to see everybody's suggestions end up in the mag because I too want to
read about all of this.  I have not had any inspiration to get intimate with
Linux in such ways as I and others have suggested in this thread, but I hope
to and to get to know each woman in tech as well.  I believe this is going
to be the place to enrich our Linux experience.

Cristina