[Actionchix] *VOTE - ChixBits format? Web, pdf, etc. - closes Friday Oct. 12th

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Fri Oct 5 20:46:00 UTC 2007

Le Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:17:42 -0700,
"Selbak, Rolla N" <rolla.n.selbak at intel.com> a écrit :

> 1) Publication Timeline: (choose one)
>
> A. Weekly
> B. Monthly
> C. Quarterly

D. whenever-we-can-y =) Plus, I believe that we can (and almost
must, because of the media) have a "regular" publication on a website
form (whenever an article is ready) while an issue needs is more likely
to gather several articles. I believe that, for "issues", a bimestrial
(once every two months, is it how it's said?) would be a good
compromise between monthly (a bit fast I think especially for
beginnings) and quarterly (maybe a bit long).

> 2) Publication Format: (choose all that apply)
>
> A. Web (through magazine.linuxchix.org)
> B. Web (through another ChixBits specific domain, e.g.
> www.chixbits.com, etc.)
> C. PDF
> D. Printed (as a regular way of publishing)
> E. Printed (only at events or certain occasions)
> F. Other (please specify)

(A or B) and C. For me PDF is a good way to get something printable if
not printed (after all, if we go for printed form from times to times,
many printers accept PDF as an input) and transportable (readable while
commuting, for example). A or B is more "lively" and can also be
interesting (to read at work when I'm bored =) ) D and E, I'm not
especially "for" but non "against" anyway :)

Isa