[Actionchix] ChixBits progress and last Steps, almost there

Cristina Ingram compscicris at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:06:51 UTC 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:26:34 -0800
> From: "Selbak, Rolla N" <rolla.n.selbak at intel.com>
> Subject: [Actionchix] ChixBits progress and last Steps, almost
>         there...
>
> Hey Chix!
>
> So there are only a few more steps before we start working on our first
> 'issue'!  I know the holiday season is close, so hopefully we can bang
> out the 'TO DO' list below before we all eat turkey and hibernate for
> the year  :)
>
> Here's what we've accomplished so far:
>
> WE ROCK!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

> TO DO
> ------
>
> - Timeline & Format:  More discussions need to be had (mostly amongst
> the Design team) wrt what is easiest for them to maintain.  If
> per-article basis, will the design team be involved in design, or will
> the design just be for the 'official' quarterly?  Is the Drupal setup
> enough to post articles, or will we need a separate www.chixbits.com to
> post the articles?  Should we just register www.chixbits.com and point
> it to magazine.linuxchix.org?

Yes, the Design Team should chat about this.  I have been thinking
about it, but other pressing matters have been showing themselves and
taking me away from this project.  I would say that we (the Design
Team) should have a chat about what we feel is most feasible and
pleasing to us (LinuxChix) and to the reader.  Maybe we should use
Drupal as the backend only and have the mag on a separate sight?  This
may cause fewer problems with the actual magazine side.

>         ** How about having an IRC meeting to discuss this?  Or any
> other ideas on how to make these decisions?

I may be available for IRC chat on the weekends but work and school
does not allow IRC chat on their networks.

> - Regular Columns: I will be posting a voting poll to ActionChix
> (possibly the last one?) for what our regular columns should be, taking
> in all the suggestions that have been offered in the discussion thread.
>
> - Register www.chixbits.com and figure out how it relates to
> magazine.linuxchix.org (i.e. will it point there? Or be completely
> separate? Or have logical links to the site?)
>
> - Design, Editing and Translation Teams still need to fill out their
> 'guidelines' and 'how their team works'.  Take a look at the Approver
> Team page if you need inspiration.

Yes, we do need to finish up.

> We're almost there!  Once we have the process locked down, it'll be much
> smoother to receive, edit and post articles!  Imagine _finally_ having a
> non-gender-biased tech publication, run by women.  No more ridiculous
> misogynistic ads, young girls & boys will have role-models to look to,
> females will be more encouraged to show off their tech-pride, LinuxChix
> will have made their mark in techworld history...

It's about time!

--
Cristina Ingram

to decode:  http://ebb.org/ungeek/