[Actionchix] Magazine Step 1: Set up wiki - volunteers?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Aug 24 08:01:31 UTC 2007

On 23-Aug-07, at 3:44 PM, Selbak, Rolla N wrote:
> - I'd vote for asking Sulamita (who actually works with me :) for
> permission to host wikimag.linuxchix.com or linuxchix.com/wikimag
> on the LinuxChix server itself.  Actually I don't know where the
> server is located, but if there isn't a central location, it may
> just be fine to host it on your machine Isa.

<Sysadmin hat on>

I don't see any particular reason that we couldn't host this on the
linuxchix machine.  This seems like exactly the sort of project that
this is for!

That said, do we need a wiki?  We've got a pretty decent content
management system in Drupal, so if you can use that, it'd save some
admin time, and people wouldn't have to remember more passwords.  If
Drupal's enough for now, talk to the website admins to get a nice
magazine group set up with a play area, and we won't even need to
install any new software yet!  Obviously this is my preference. :)

But if you do need something separate, we need to know what you want,
how you need it set up, and it should really have nice debian
packages so it's easy to keep up to date.  You can ask questions of
the sysadmin team by mailing sysadmin at linuxchix.org.

  Terri