[Actionchix] IRC Channel?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Aug 22 17:57:08 UTC 2007

Melissa Draper writes:
> There does not seem to be an actionchix IRC channel, should we make one?
>
> I find IRC is a great way of brainstorming, especially for refining
> little ideas that may not be worth mailing about just yet.

You can always create a new channel: just /join #actionchix and the
channel will appear.  No need to wait for an official channel.

But I'd urge folks planning LinuxChix projects to start the
discussion in the main #linuxchix channel. There are lots of us
there who might be interested in projects, but don't want to hang
out all the time in lots of additional channels just in case
someone might say something there some day.

I quit #programming and #tech, even though I'm interested in
programming and tech, because nobody ever said anything there,
and xchat only has a limited amount of space for channel tabs.

Usually everyone in the main channel is interested in those
discussions anyway ... and in the rare cases where they aren't, it's
easy enough to say "Let's move this to #otherchannel now".
If you do that, it might also be good to change the #linuxchix topic
(something brief like "Join #actionchix for newsletter planning")
for people who join later.

	...Akkana