[Actionchix] Update requests

Val Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Sat May 6 05:15:01 EST 2006

On 5/1/06, Dancer Vesperman <dancer at anthill.echidna.id.au> wrote:
> Mary Gardiner wrote:
> > 1. Dancer, what's the status of the server move? I guess it's kind of
> > orthogonal to the projects here, but I'm still interested.
> >
> Waiting for the server to be ready. I can have the transfer to the new
> server done in a couple of hours, soon as it's ready. Just waiting on
> OSL. I'm on hot-standby for that.

I toured the machine room(s) at OSL a couple of days ago and even got
a picture of our new server! (I don't have the cable to download it;
that'll have to wait until Monday.) The story is that the ethernet
connection got wired incorrectly and they are waiting for the repair
(and they are all out of unused connections at the moment).  Once
that's done, we should be ready to start the transfer.

Their setup is quite impressive.  I think they have something like 30
GIGAbits of connectivity right now, and they're hooking more up as we
speak.  Oh, and the master server for kernel.org is in the rack
directly to the left of our rack. :)

-VAL